I love me a good charcuterie board. And really who doesn’t? So this Christmas I planned a party with boards & platters scattered about the house. The dining table held the largest selection of meats and cheeses. And though this was a party meant for mingling, I left the chairs. Have a few morsels from one board, then move to a new table or chair! See the recipes below for a Smokey Old Fashioned and an Amarula Coffee – both are guaranteed to warm you up this winter.
Smokey Old Fashioned
- 1 tsp Smoked Maple syrup
- Bourbon of choice (Michter’s is Josh’s choice)
- 1 dash of aromatic bitters
- 2 dashes citrus bitters
- 1 Filthy black cherry (NOT maraschino)
Stir the above ingredients until maple syrup dissolves. Then pour over a large ice cube and stir again.
Coffee with Amarula + homemade whipped cream
- Brewed coffee (regular or decaf)
- Amarula (It’s a South African cream liqueur)
- cinnamon sugar in a salt shaker
- 1 c. Heavy whipping cream whipped until peaks form with 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
Mix the coffee and Amarula in a carafe to your preference. Try a ratio of 3 parts coffee to 1 part liqueur. Guests can pour their drink and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
*I forgot a picture of the dessert board but it held bite sized brownies and chocolates along with some cookies a guest brought. (You can see it on the table beneath the TV that showed photos from past Christmases).